Hello everyone. I got back to your inbox this morning with your new edition of the Tampa Journal. Here’s what you need to know about what’s going on in town, including…
- 🐕 The Tampa Bay Humane Society is accepting vital pet food donations amid rising inflation.
- 🎨 South Tampa will hold its first SoHo Artwalk this October.
- ⚖️ A Tampa man has been sentenced to a year in prison for defrauding the government on SNAP.
Today is the first day of the beginning of autumn. If you haven’t had a pumpkin spice latte, I’m sure it’s pretty much everywhere at this point. 🎃
But first, today’s weather:
Wet; a wandering afternoon storm. High: 92 Low: 74.
🏡 Attention, real estate professionals in Tampa! We now offer exclusive sponsorship opportunities for agencies interested in attracting local clients and standing out from the competition. Click here to learn more.
Here are today’s headlines in Tampa:
1. Tampa Bay Humane Society receiving 7,500 meals From Canine Pet Food Feed his current shelter dog this month.This donation is part of the company “Penny for the Rescue” Effort, pound-for-pound donation drive and celebration of canine expansion across the country Coarse Grain Replenishment Station exist oil company. (Tampa patch)
2. A 60-year-old New Port Richey man was arrested, accused of exploiting elderly to Buy thousands of dollars worth of guns, alcohol and a dog, according to arrest documents.Police say Jay Renton transferred money from victim’s bank account into his own and kept using it over $28,000 without permission. (World Labour Confederation)
3. First SoHo Artwalk Yes CComing soon this October. The one-day event will feature local artists, working painters, face painting, comic drawing, typewriter custom poetry, and more. Various styles of local artwork will be available for purchase during the event. (This is Tampa)
4. Local tourism dollars are soaring Tampa hit an all-time high, according to data from Visit Tampa Bay. Total Tourism Development Tax hit in first 11 months of FY22 nearly $54 million. This is a 59% increase from the same period in 2021. (Fox 13 Tampa)
5. Ahmed Saleh, 59, of Tampa, participated conspiracy to defraud the government for the benefit of food for families in need.Court also orders Al Saleh to pay USDA compensation $654,502.28. (Tampa patch)
Help us improve the patch:
Our user research team is interested in learning about your experience with Patch.this is your chance Provide direct feedback and help us serve better you and your community.Your portion of our research will consist of a 30- to 60-minute interview, and You will receive a $25 Amazon gift card by email for your time. Interested in? Register here to participate. If you are selected, we will contact you directly to set your appointment time. Thanks – hope to see you soon!
Today in Tampa:
- Raising the Flag – Pirates at the armature factory. (11am)
- Monument to fallen officer Henry Wright at the Tampa Police Department. (11:30am)
- 24 HANDS Opening Reception in the College of Arts and Letters at the University of Tampa. (6pm)
- hold on to your gun in Orphen. (6pm)
- Purple In the stage studio. (8pm)
From my notebook:
- Bonobo on the way Ritz Hotel exist Yibo City Thursday, September 29. The producer recently released new music. Tickets are available now. (Creative Hanging Out Tampa)
- This Tampa Bay Buccaneers Have sign WR Cole Beasley and T Justin Schooler to the practice team. The signing comes as WR Mike Evans has a one-game suspension. (Tampa Bay Buccaneers via Facebook)
- JD Power named Tampa International Airport its largest airport 2022 North American Airport Satisfaction SurveyYes. (Tampa International Airport via Facebook)
- This University of Tampa Named by Bloomberg Businessweek The Best and Most Diverse Business Schools 2022-2023. The Sykes School of Business MBA program is ranked 79th out of 117 business schools in the US and around the world. (University of Tampa via Facebook)
- ⚠️ North Florida Avenue closed already Extended to October 7 Thanks to the Southeast Seminole Heights Stormwater Project. (City of Tampa via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting Local News!
- The late Chinese female writer and the image of the fairy (September 26)
- When Your Daughter is Your Teacher: The Tan Yangzi Family (October 6)
- St. Peter’s Super Greek Festival 2022 (October 7th)
- Add your event
That’s it for today. I’ll be back with your next update in your inbox tomorrow morning!
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hi, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I’m a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also write food-related blogs and articles for several newspapers and magazines.
Got a news tip or suggestion for the upcoming Tampa Daily News?Contact me at SouthTampa@Patch.com